- Destinatario: Don Bosco Anbu Illam Children’s Home at Erumakuttaipallam, Yercaud Adivaram in Salem District
- Località: Trichy, India
- Obiettivo: Provision of 10 toilet and 10 bathing rooms for children. This will help to adhere to the requirements of “Minimum standards of care”
- Scheda progetto
- Fondi necessari: € 17.646, raccolti € 11.880 (progetto aperto, raccolta aperta)
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Don Bosco Anbu Illam is a social work institution registered as “The Salem Don Bosco Anbu Illam Social Service Society”. It primarily works in the area of Child protection and Community Organization in Salem District for the past thirty-three years since its inception in 1988.
We are supporting run-away children, neglected children, orphans, children with substance abuse and other children who are at risk and who are in need of care and protection are assisted.
Our other programs are continuing education for school dropouts, skill training programs, street contacts at Bus Stands and Railway Junctions, awareness building programs, Child Rights Trainings, children parliament program, Promoting Child Friendly City Programs, Building Caring Community (Civil Society) Groups, working with Juvenile Justice Institutions, Structures and Programs and other Social work-related programs and activities.
CHILDREN’S HOME AT ADIVARAM
In 1993, DBAI Salem freely received land from the Government. The land is mainly donated for rehabilitate of the street boys. It caters to different types of children such as: Orphans, Semi Orphans, neglected children, abused children, children with substance abuseetc., whom we call “Children at Risk”. One of our chief activities is running two Children’s Homes at Mulluvadi gate and Yercaud Adivaram catering to about120Children. “The Children’s Home at Adivaram” annually caters to around 100 children. It is registered under Juvenile Justice Care and Protection Act 2015. Nearly, 2500 children have been getting protection and care from DBAI Salem.
“Creating a just and equal society based on harmony and universal brotherhood where child rights are ensured”
Don Bosco AnbuIllam, Salem is a catalyst organization that will increase the cooperation and collaboration of people’s organization and empower the community by making sure equal and standard education for all, create employment through vocational training, create awareness and sensitization about the human rights and make people take part in governance through networking with NGO’s and CBO’s for the eradication of social discrimination among the people in order to create the just and equal society based on harmony and universal brotherhood where child rights are ensured.
PURPOSE OF THE PROPOSAL
- The sustainable development goal (SDG) 6 is the water and sanitation. It is “to ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all”, and targets to end open defecation. The current rates of progress even though the Inter-governmental Open Working Group on the Post-2015 Sustainable Development Goals have recommended that the new goals include a target of achieving “adequate and equitable sanitation and hygiene for all and ending open defecation by 2030”. This is one of the reasons why the appeal to end the practice of open defecation is being made with growing insistence.
- The State Governments to ensure that sufficient Child Care Institutions (CCI) are established by integrated child protection scheme (ICPS) for Observation Home, Special Home and Place of Safety like“1 Toilet for 7 children, 1bathing room for 10 children”.
- Improving access to sanitation is a critical step towards reducing the impact of these diseases. It also helps create physical environments that enhance safety, dignity and self-esteem. Safety issues are particularly important for children. The aim of the proposal is “To provide a safe, healthy and hygiene environment that will increase children’s better sanitation and hygiene condition”. The direct beneficiaries of the project are children who are staying in open shelter and children’s home at Adivaram.
- Provision of 10 toilet and 10 bathing rooms for children. This will help to adhere to the requirements of “Minimum standards of care”
- The existing toilet block which is more than 20 years old and not able to use it.
- His will help in creating better health and hygiene environment.
- The organization is mobilizing and pooling resources for the same. It’s an urgent need which needs attention. Hence, we make a special request to your esteemed concern for financial assistance for the same in full or partial.
Hence, we make this request to extend financial support for the construction of 10 urinals / toilets, and 10Bathing rooms. It is an urgent need which has to be full filled as the earliest.
- The children will improve health and hygiene conditions.
- The toilets and bathing rooms will help us to serve the children with better facility, clean environment and to meet the legal requirement of norms of “Minimum Standards of Care.”
- Driving behavioral change is key to ending open defecation.
- Toilets need to compete for priority on an emotional level, rather than a rational level. We need to motivate people by appealing to their pride and dignity, and position toilet use as aspiration, associated with improved social status.
Your collaboration by way of financial assistance will contribute to enhance the facility of childcare institution in providing better facility to children at risk and there by contributing to Child Protection in Salem District. Your support will improve to access sanitation is a critical step towards reducing the impact of these diseases. This is sustainable and longterm using project. More than 100s of children will benefit in future. Your support will encourage hygiene and sanitation among the children.
Intestazione: Associazione Pro India del Sud (Onlus)
Causale: Costruzione di toilets e bagni per Don Bosco Anbu Illam